Friday 6 April 2012

Zucchini (Squash) Brownie


For the Brownie

Zucchini Brownie was something my Wifey dear wanted me to bake for us since I was on a baking spree for past few days. Just by looking at it and reading through the recipe was that this was a brownie which was a bit healthier (weight wise) than the usual brownies. Also, it was really easy and quick one. 

Ingredients:

100 g cooking butter 
100 ml cooking oil (I as usual used Sunflower Oil)
400 ml sugar ( I use a standard sized cup used for measuring food. Hence using ml for even sugar :D )
100 ml sour cream ( crème fraîche) 
1 tsp vanilla flavoured sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
400 ml all purpose flour (Vetemjöl)
150 ml Cocoa Powder
300 ml shredded Zucchini (Also called Squash).
You can use 2 large eggs as well in case you want to include. I skipped it as I wanted to make it more versatile (consumption wise, I do not eat egg, fish meat on Thrusdays :D )

Procedure:

Preheat the oven at 150 ° C.  Mix together butter, oil, sugar, sour cream, vanilla flavoured sugar, salt and baking powder. Now, mix flour and cocoa into the mixture. Add the shredded Zucchini. Prepare an oven mould. The mould need to have high sides and should be lined with butter paper in the bottom and sides. Let the butter paper come out from the mould so that it is easy to pick up the brownie after it has  baked. Bake for 20 mins or till it stops sticking on the testing stick.

After the brownie is baked, I tried topping it up with chocolate fudge which again was prepared at home (by me).

For Chocolate fudge

Ingredients:

150 ml cream
100 ml sugar
50 ml sugar syrup ( I used the ready made one)
100 g baking chocolate
75 gm butter.

Procedure:

Mix together cream, sugar, sugar syrup in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add chocolate and let it melt along with the mixture. Keep stirring till it becomes thick and shiny. Put it aside and add butter. Mix to make it even. When it cools slightly, pour the chocolate fudge over the cake. Let it cool for sometime and serve it with whipped cream. I didn't serve it with whipped cream to save some calories ;)

Believe me, it was yumm!!! All of us liked. Kept it in fridge for 3-4 days and there was nothing to get spoiled so soon.




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Am sure as well goign to try this! Great work, Bhai. Keep posting!
    :)

    ReplyDelete