Thursday 10 May 2012

Chicken Chilli: The Healthier Way


Whenever I wanted to have Chicken Chilli in a restaurant, I used to get an authentic Chinese Style. I do not want it!! I miss the one which was quite common in the Streets of Patna where I was born and brought up. Now I live in Sweden and when one day I was recollecting my memories of that chicken s´chilli, I though of just giving a look on the internet. While browsing through, I stumbled upon a video in which the famous Indian Chef Sanjeev Kapoor has demonstrated how the Banarsi Chicken Chilli is made. I tried it and yeah, it was the same I was looking for. Same taste and same memories.
Here I just try to put down how I made it while following his video. A major variation was that I never fried the chicken, I used oven instead and baked it.

Chicken Chilli: The Healthier Way


Preparation Time: 30 Mins
Cooking Time : 45 Mins

Ingredients:

- Marinade
  • Chicken Breast - 450 grams
  • Eggs - 2
  • Chilli Sauce - 2 Table Spoon
  • Soy Sauce - 2 Table Spoon
  • Salt to taste
- Onion - 2 Medium cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 clove Garlic
- Ginger Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- 1 small Onion
- 1 piece Green capsicum
- 1 piece Green chilli
- Sunflower Oil- 2 tablespoon
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli Sauce

Instruction:

Mix the ingredients of the marinade and refrigerate for about 30 mins.
Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees.
While this is happening, heat the oil in a sauce pan.
When the oil heats up, put the ginger and garlic and let it fry till garlic turns golden brown
Add onion, and stir fry till it becomes transparent
Add green capsicum and green Chilli.
Bring out the chicken from refrigerator and let it stay in room temperature while you prepare the oven.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the marinaded chicken on the baking tray. Bake it for 20 mins. Bring out the chicken pieces and re-dip in the leftover marinade of an extra coating. Bake for 10 mins.
Mix the baked chicken in the sauce prepared earlier. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve with Tandoori Roti/ Naan/ Plain Rice/ Fried Rice/ Noodles. My 1st preference is Tandoori Roti/Naan.

Pin It Now!

2 comments: