Friday 11 May 2012

Pizza Dough made easy



The day I learnt making Pizza Dough, Pizza has slowly started becoming something like a staple diet for me ;). I know ... I know... that might be another reason for me to put on some extra kilos but I can't help it. I have been using a basic recipe for quite sometime and here it goes....

For each large pizza......


Prep Time: 2 hours

Total Time: 2 hours

Ingredients:

1 package/7 gm instant dry active yeast
1 cup warm water 
1/2 tablespoon sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt

Preparation:

Mix water, yeast, sugar, and a 1/2 cup of the flour into a mixing bowl. Stir well and leave it aside for 20 minutes. It will get bubbly. Make sure to use a little large bowl as when the bubbles form, it may overflow. 

To the "bubbly" mixture mix olive oil, salt, and 2 cups of the flour, and mix  until it's together enough to turn out on to a work surface to knead.

Knead for about 10 minutes (I used the kneader machine), while adding more flour a little at a time, to produce a soft, elastic and slightly sticky dough. 

Form the dough into a ball , drizzle a few drops of oil and coat the top of dough to prevent the surface from becoming dry. 

Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm spot for 2 hours, or until the dough doubles in size. 

The dough is ready to use. Put your favourite topping and have fun.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment